Louis F. Pignatelli II
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Products
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Land Use, Planning & Zoning
- Intellectual Property
- Hospitality, Food and Beverage
- J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School (2016)
- M.A., University of Notre Dame (2009)
- B.A., University of Notre Dame (2007)
- Illinois Bar (2017)
Media Appearances & Publications
- “Thai’d Up in Court.” Arguing Service Mark Infringement in Consumer Fraud and Intellectual Property litigation.
- “Toward a Transformative Democratic Literary Aesthetic.” Master’s Thesis on Democratic Political Theory, Hermeneutics & American Literature.
- “Acknowledgments.” Ivy G. Wilson, Specters of Democracy: Blackness and the Aesthetics of Politics in the Antebellum U.S.
- “Acknowledgments.” Albery Whitman, At the Dusk of Dawn: Selected Poetry and Prose.
- Invited Lecturer, “‘Check, Please!’ Legal Challenges and Regulatory Concerns from Statehouse to Steakhouse,” Notre Dame Law School Food & Beverage Association, Invited Young Alumni Speaker (October 2016) Notre Dame, Indiana
- Student Participant, International Legal Technology Association Conference (August 2016) Oxon Hill, Maryland
- Lecturer, “Litigation Contingencies at the Frontiers of XBRL Reporting: Martialing Legally Significant Metadata for the Common Good,” Hesburgh Libraries, Center for Research Computing & ACM Consortium, (April 2016) Notre Dame, Ind.
- Lecturer, “Professional Perception without Action: Large Law Firms’ Innovation Deficit,” NDLS Law and Informatics Research Presentation (March 2016) Notre Dame, Indiana
- Student Attendee, 15th Annual Loyola Antitrust Colloquium, (April 2015) Chicago, Illinois
- Panelist, “On Late DeLillo: Democracy & Narrative,” University of Kentucky at Louisville (February 2011) Louisville, Kentucky
- Panelist, “Countershocks & Counternarratives: Democratic Aesthetics & Literary Action,” University of Notre Dame Great Lakes American Studies Association Conference (March 2009) Notre Dame, Indiana
- Discussant, “Textual Media On the Road: a Holistic Approach to Kerouac’s Improvisational Prose,” University of Birmingham (December 2008) Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Author, “Diet Joke: A Semiotic Reading of Culture,” Journal of Fresh Writing, University of Notre Dame Press (August 2004)
Volunteer and Charitable Work
- Sauk Valley Small Business Development Association, Volunteer
- Committee to Elect Mike Lewis for Sheriff, Campaign Manager
- Rock Falls Young Professionals Collective, Participant
Associations and Distinctions
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Association of Justice
- Barista Guild of America, Member
- Tales of the Cocktail, Member
- ServSafe Certification, Alcohol